MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Organizes guest services including activities and entertainment, and prepares action
plans to implement successful programs. Revises programs, creates new ones
including special requests in order to maintain the company's position as one of the leaders in
guest services in the Maldives
• Leads guest services programs to ensure that goals are achieved. This generally means
acting as the “lecturer” for the “around the island” slide show, the marine conservation
presentation, etc., making a “round” in the dining rooms, etc. Active involvement is
required. Updates the Notice Board regarding daily activities and excursion
• Liaises with related Departments to ensure that required support is provided in a timely
and suitable manner. Continuously evaluates the performance and encourages
improvement of the guest related services of personnel in the Departments.
• Interacts positively with guests during all arrivals and departures. Takes action to
resolve problems to the satisfaction of all parties, as best as possible. Monitors guest
satisfaction programs, and works towards achieving complete guest satisfaction.
Maintains a log of comments based on Guest Comment Cards, and forwards to
General Manager at month’s end.
• Implements and executes a policy to reply to all guest comments within an acceptable
time period, including on the Resort website, as well as prepares the response to guest
claims received from whatever source.
• Helps develop the operating tools necessary and incidental to modern management
principles, e.g., budgeting, forecasting, purchase specifications, reports preparation
and presentation, etc. Prepares a list of required supplies, and check that items are
ordered and received in a timely manner to ensure that they are on hand at all times.
• Implements effective control of all costs and expenses including labor, supplies,
equipment, etc., and the proper use thereof, in order to achieve Department budget
• Prepares Position Descriptions, conduct scheduled employee meetings, etc.
• Ensures a good reputation of the resort by monitoring the different guest’s comments
on various websites and replying in English or any additional language in a timely
• Performs other duties as assigned